Rodent control in your Singapore home does not only keep your family safe, it makes your pets healthy too. Some people own cats and dogs to drive rodents away from their home. Yet, letting them catch rats and mice can put their health at risk of acquiring various diseases. Let’s take a closer look at the diseases that can affect your four-legged family members.
6 Rodent-borne diseases that can spread to your pets
Rats and mice are known to transmit various diseases to humans. And your pets are not safe from them either. Here are six diseases that your pets can acquire from infected rodents:
- Leptospirosis: A blood infection can affect your pets if they contact with contaminated water or rodent urine.
- Rat Bite Fever: This disease will not affect your pets but they can carry the bacteria and transmit them to anyone in your household.
- Roundworms: A common intestinal parasites that your pests can acquire from rodents.
- The Plague: Infected rodents can pass this disease to dogs which can transmit it to you humans.
- Toxoplasmosis: An infection caused by Toxoplasma gondii bacteria that is highly contagious to cats and spread through their feces.
- Tularemia or Rabbit Fever: Pets that have eaten infected rodents can likely spread the disease.
Fleas, mosquitoes, and ticks are not the only pests you should watch out for when it comes to the health and safety of your beloved pets. Rodents can endanger their lives too. So next time that you schedule a pest control in Singapore, make sure that you include rodent control in your program.
Why choose Greencare rodent control service?
Greencare ensures that your pets are safe during pest control. Our pest exterminators use pet-friendly solutions and techniques that are effective in exterminating pests inside and outside your home. Be it rodent control, fly control, or bed bug control in Singapore – call Greencare!