After engaging pest control for your home, what happens next? To make sure the pest control service is successful, there are some essential steps you need to take. Let’s have a look at what these things are and why they are important post treatment.
- Enter your home at the recommended time. If you are asked to vacate the premises during pest control, make sure to head back only at the time that your pest control specialist suggested. This ensures safe re-entry to your home when odours and vapours have already cleared out.
- Throw out food left outside. Even if the pest control and disinfection service you hired in Singapore used organic chemicals, it is still safer to discard all food left outside. Food exposed to chemicals will never be healthy for human or animal consumption.
- Don’t clean treated areas immediately. Greencare pest control technicians will not leave behind dirt and debris for you to clean up. They will tell you when you can clean again and what areas should not be washed.
- Wear gloves when you touch surfaces for the first time. Make sure not to touch surfaces or unwrap objects with naked hands. This is to avoid accidental ingestion of the chemicals used.
- Repair leaks around your home. Water from leaking drainage pipes and taps can encourage mosquitoes and rodents. Get them fixed immediately to avoid re-infestation and calling for mosquito or rodent control in Singapore.
- Don’t leave paper around. Paper, particularly wet paper, are food to many pests. Avoid storing paper and paper bags for groceries near your kitchen.
- Watch out for pests. You are likely to find dead pests in the days following pest control treatment. Make sure to check regularly infestation areas and keep them clean. Dead rodents can attract flies. Save yourself the cost of fly control in Singapore when flies come swarming to your property because of dead pests.
The right pest control company like Greencare can provide pest control treatment without endangering you, your family, or your pets. We also give recommendations to ensure that pests will not be coming back to your home anytime soon. From cockroach to snake control in Singapore, we can handle them expertly for you. Just give us a call at +65 6920 8656!