Are you worried about your pets’ safety when getting pest control in Singapore? Understandably, you would want to know if the chemicals used for pest management would harm your beloved pets. Just like your family members, you would want to ensure that they are safe when pest extermination happens in your home.
Is pest control safe for pets? It’s a big YES! Pest control nowadays is both effective and pet-friendly. Greencare pest control specialists make sure to use pest control options that will not harm your furry friends. By taking extra measures, the pests inside and outside your home will be fully exterminated without endangering your pets’ health.
Pests that can harm your pets
Pests around your home do not only put your family’s health at risk, they endanger your pets’ health too. They can cause illnesses like heartworm and Lyme disease to your pets if not exterminated. Although pest control does not guarantee that your pets will not acquire pest-induced illnesses, it can reduce possible complications. The three pests to watch out for are fleas, mosquitoes, and ticks.
- Fleas can trigger non-stop scratching due to flea bites and can carry tapeworms.
- Mosquitoes can transmit heartworm to your cats and dogs with their bites.
- Ticks can carry illnesses like Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme Disease.
Your home is a haven for both your family and pets. To keep them safe and healthy, you should make sure to have a regular pest control service and disinfection service in your Singapore property.
Pest control measures to keep your pets safe
Pest control today is safer than ever. Yet, you can ensure your pets’ safety when pest extermination happens by doing a few things. These include:
- Confine your dogs and cats in a pet carrier. This precaution will keep them away from accidentally coming in contact with rodent control baits and any other products used for exterminating pests.
- Remove pet toys, water, or food bowls from the treatment area. An overspray or aerosolized droplets could land on them and might be ingested by your pets.
- Cover cages of birds and reptiles. These pets are very sensitive to pesticides so if you can’t take them out of the room, make sure to at least cover them as protection.
- Keep pets out of the treated rooms until the sprayed product has dried. Allow products used for treatment to dry out before bringing in your pets to avoid accidental ingestion.
Work with Greencare pest control service
Early preparations can keep your pets from harm during pest control. Greencare pest controllers always ask if you have pets at home and what kind of pets you have. This is to ensure that safe techniques and products are used during the extermination.
Regular pest control is the key to exterminate pests and keep them away. To ensure your pets’ safety, you should pick only a pest control service in Singapore that are experts in safe and effective pest extermination like Greencare. This way, you’ll be confident about the elimination of your pest problems while keeping everyone in your household safe and secure.