Wherever you live in Singapore, it’s always a good idea to prepare for pests. Whether it’s rodents, bugs, or even raccoons and squirrels, pest control is an inevitable part of life. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to minimize the chances of your home becoming infested with these pesky creatures. And hiring a professional pest control and disinfection service in Singapore is the most effective way of removing them.
But hiring professionals does not mean you just sit back and wait. The key to effective extermination is to work together with your chosen pest control company to get rid of pests and keep them out. Most pest control providers will require you to prepare for pest control. This is to make sure that treatment will be safe and will not cause re-infestation.
Here are 10 things you can do to prepare your home for a pest control treatment.
- Repair all holes in the windows, baseboards, and walls.
- Seal doors if they don’t close correctly.
- Remove all items from under the kitchen sink and the top of the refrigerator.
- Clean-up spills and vacuum carpeting and furniture thoroughly.
- Store food inside the refrigerator or inside pest-proof containers.
- Wash pet beddings in hot water if you want to re-use them.
- Wash all sheets and bed covers in all bedrooms in hot water.
- Pick up all personal items like toys, clothes, and shoes from the floor and furniture.
- Move all appliances and furniture away from the walls to prepare for pest control.
- Remove pet waste in the yard and keep garbage cans clean and covered.
What to do during pest control treatment?
Vacate your home for several hours while your pest technician is treating it. For the results to be efficient, there should be no one inside the house. Only return to the house after the treatment is over. Your pest control operator will let you know when it is safe to enter your home.
Read also: 7 Things To Do After Pest Control Treatment
As a homeowner wanting to get rid of pests and prevent them from coming back, you should have pest control preparation. A licensed company for NEA pest control in Singapore will let you know how to prepare for pest control properly. This is not just to keep everyone safe at your home but to ensure that treatment will last for a long time.
Don’t have a pest control provider yet? Then give us a call today!