To get rid of cockroaches, the factors that allow for its survival must be removed. It will help a great deal if you follow the following preventive steps.
- Keep food in tightly closed cabinets and containers.
- Don’t leave food waste in sinks, on tables or floors.
- Wash dishes and utensils after a meal; don’t leave overnight.
- Seal cracks and crevices in walls or floors with a proper sealant.
- Clear away old newspapers, boxes and cardboard cartons as cockroaches like to hide in these items.
- Inspect all incoming stock, crates and boxes for cockroaches and their egg cases before storage.